We are in the middle of the holidays and you might have some free time to bake and have some guests coming over for coffee.
Here is a gluten free cake with a base based on dry coconut flakes that is possible to make also as a non milky.
I bake it every year at this time of the year, memories of my Mom’s kitchen.
Easy to make and never fails.
- 5 eggs
- 2.5 dl sugar
- 200 gr dry coconut flakes
- 200 dark chocolate cubes
- 2 table spoons water
- 2,5 dl cream
- 2 table spoons sugar
- Whisk 5 egg whites with the sugar until stiff.
- Add the coconut flakes and carefully stir until it is well mixed
- Move it to an oiled round 28 or 27×33 cake pan.
- Bake it in 180 degrees oven till golden(10-13 min)
- Take it out from the oven and let it cool down.
- In a small casserole melt the chocolate cubes with the water and let it cool a bit.
- Add 5 egg yolks and mix well.
- In another casserole, whip the cream with the sugar and when ready mix with the chocolate mix.
- Spread it on the cold coconut base and garnish with chocolate & coconut flakes.
Let it cool for a couple of hours in the fridge and serve cold.
Happy sweet holidays!