Every day at 5 pm, everyone gathers for family dinner, when we eat we try & talk about the great things that happened to our life today! At food time, you’d have to have a good reason to not be there !
Quinoa with Feta salad with candied cherry tomatoes
For 8- 10 people
- 1 package quinoa cooked as instructed on the package (tip , instead of water use vegetable stock)
- 2 tablespoon cream of white balsamic vinegar
- 1 cucumber
- sliced avocado
- fresh strawberries,
- Roasted candied cherry tomatoes (see below)
- 1 Block of Feta 200 g
- a generous handful of basil
- Optional: Caramelized onion (slow cook the onions in butter or oil)
- Dressing: Season to taste with 1 dl of infused olive oil (see below)
- Prepare the oven candied tomatoes (see below)
- Slice the cucumber in two and take out the seeds to prevent the dish from getting soggy.
- Chop roughly and mix in all the ingredients, season with half of the infused olive oil & cream of balsamico.
- Place the Feta on top & the strawberry around and drizzle with the additional dressing.
Oven “candied” Cherry Tomatoes
These cherry tomatoes are an addictive combination of sweet, salty. If you see cherry tomatoes on sale at the store don’t hesitate to get them. With this slow roasting methods there is no need to go for expensive cherry tomatoes, the flavors develop and will make even the timid ones shine!
- Place the cherry tomatoes halved skin down on the oven dish,
- sprinkle with the spiced salt*,
- Sprinkled fresh rosemary on top and drizzle with generous amounts of olive oil,
- Leave to cook in a 140 C oven for the 1st hour & increase the over to 180C for the 2nd hour until they look nice and roasted
Herb Infused oil
This gorgeous infused oil is the main seasoning in Peppina’s use with Quinoa Salad. It keeps up to 2 weeks in the fridge but rarely lasts that long! Use as salad dressing or seasoning for any thing. It also makes for a perfect edible gift to bring your dinner host!
- Good quality extra virgin olive oil,
- Fresh basil roughly chopped;
- A handful oven candied cherry tomatoes,
- 3 small cloves of Garlic whole and skinned,
- Rosemary, cracked black pepper , herbs flavored salt,
- Add all the ingredients to a glass jar
- Cover with good quality olive oil,
- Close the jar & shake all the ingredients.
This recipe is part of “Peppina’s Menu” – Go to the next recipe :Addictive Seed Crackers
2 Comments Add yours