Yesterday was the international schnitzel day. Since it was a big part of our culinary world as kids, here is a schnitzel burger teaser post.
I remember the beautiful frying smells when we got home from school and my Mom was making those big crispy schnitzels. Even now I can’t resist it and make sure I squeeze a juicy lemon on top before I take the first bite.
It is simple, gorgeous and brings both crispy and melty satisfaction!
All we need is:
- Burger buns
- Chicken fillets
- Eggs (beaten)
- Breadcrumbs mixed with salt, pepper & red paprika mix
- Olive oil & normal oil for frying
- Lemon to squeeze on top as an option
- vegetables as you like
- ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise and pickles spread
- Heat up a heavy frying pan with a few table spoons of vegetable oil.
- Fry the halves of the buns from both sides till golden brown and put aside.
- Dip the chicken fillets in the bowl of flour till covered.
- Dip them one by one in to the beaten eggs
- Roll them into the bowl of mixed breadcrumbs spice.
- Fry them individually in a frying pan with a few tablespoons of oil until they turn a rich golden and well done!
All you need is to put it on the bun with lettuce, onion and any vegetable you feel like.
Spread some ketchup, mustard, & home made mayonnaise add some pickles spread on top and enjoy!