This beautiful summer weather has provided us with an unlimited amount of greens to fulfill all of our salads inspirations.
After a few hours spent gardening or simply walking outdoors, we usually crave easy, fast and delicious recipes for a quick relief!
Here is a super easy twist on those small green Padrón peppers, inspired by my long time friend, Isa Kukkapuro – Enbom who delighted us with on our visit at their summer place.
You can serve them as an appetizer, as they do in Barcelona, or as a side to any dish, for example white fish or grilled meat on the barbecue!
Add a squeeze of lemon juice and lemon zest, some olive oil and a generous pinch of sea salt right before serving and enjoy those jade beauties in under 20 min!
Fried green baby peppers
WATCH THE VIDEO HOW TO MAKE IT ON OUR IGTV AT:
- 400gr fresh baby green peppers
- 1 dl olive oil
- pinch of sea salt
- Black pepper
- Lemon juice from 0.5-1 lemon
- Zets of lemon
- Wash peppers in running water.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the peppers on a medium-high heat (I used Fiskars Rotisser 28cm roasting dish.)
- Sprinkle sea salt & some of the black pepper.
- Add the lemon juice and some extra olive oil if needed.
- Turn the peppers and keep on stirring them constantly, so they won’t get burned.
- Just before they are ready, garnish with the zest of one lemon and serve