This is what I call a proper vegetarian party, here and now, in your oven.
Another recipe from an article I photographed for Kauneus & Terveys magazine last year with Mila Pentti.
I felt like sharing it with you, it’s simple, tastes great and should be shared instead of being forgotten in my archive.
That is just my passion, colours, beautiful healthy ingredients & fantastic flavours.
What more can you ask for?
Recipe by Rottem Lieberson whom her cookings I adore!
Oven roasted okra (lady’s fingers)
- 500gr fresh okra, washed and stems trimmed
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 10 fresh thyme sprigs
- 10 shallots, peeled and sliced
- 2 cm fresh green hot chili pepper, sliced (optional)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Coarse sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, place all the ingredients and toss in olive oil and salt until evenly
coated. Spread evenly on the baking tray to a single layer and roast in the oven for 30
minutes until they are cooked through.
3. Adjust the oven to ‘Grill’ and roast the vegetables for a further 5 minutes until crispy
and slightly charred. Serve hot from the oven.