Weekend brunch time is getting closer alright and you want a warm colourful dish to be put on your table.
Your goal is to hit two birds in one shot. to prepare a delicious dish for your guests and also decorate the table with beautiful colours.
I fried the vegetables beforehand in a separate frying pan and then put them all together in this useful Vita hotplate, both by Infinity chefs. The hotplate normally is used for pizza but I thought to try this frittata and use just anything possible that I find in my fridge.
It has the possibility to use on all kinds stoves and in the oven.
So here is the recipe, step by step.
- 6 shallot onions, peeled & cut to halves
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped to small cubes or stripes
- 1 medium potato, peeled and chopped to small cubes or stripes
- 1/2 red paprika, cute to squares
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 10-12 small broccoli flowers steamed
- 6 cherry tomatoes cut to halves
- 4 eggs
- 1/2-1 dl milk
- Small basil leaves for decoration as an option
- Red onion half rings slices for decoration as an option
- A pinch of salt & pepper
- 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- A pinch of chilli powder
- Olive oil for frying
- Grated cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Place the two kinds of potatoes on the oven tray, brush them with olive oil, sprinkle some salt & pepper and cook till golden brown (it is also possible to fry them on a frying pan).
- On a frying pan, hit 3-4 Tbs of olive oil and fry the onions till golden brown. Sprinkle some salt & pepper and put aside on a separate plate.
- Fry the red peppers on the same pan till golden, add the garlic, fry another minute, add some red & smoked paprika, mix well and add to the fried onions plate aside.
- Fry the tomatoes till soft and put aside.
- Take out the ready potatoes from the oven.
- Put the hotplate on the stove and add 3-4 Tbs olive oil.
- Add all the onions, red paprika, garlic and potatoes and mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs and milk and pour on top of the vegetables.
- Add the broccoli & tomatoes on top.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes
- Sprinkle grated cheese and basil.
- Throw to the oven on 175°C for 4 -5 min
- Take out from the oven and serve after sprinkling with salt & pepper.
Be careful handling the hotplate and when placing it on the table.