Here is a version of the classic Italian Christmas cake, the Panettone.
The recipe is followed with a video instruction link at our YouTube channel.
PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO SUBSCRIBE ON YOUTUBE AND LEAVE YOUR COMMENT. More great recipes, tutorials & tips to come.
To make two 18cm Panettone cake molds.
- 2.5 dl flour
- 2 tablespoons dry yeast
- 1.6 dl warm milk or water
Mix all and put a side to cover to raise(40-60 min)
- 250g Butter in room temperature
- 100g Sugar
- 20g Vanilla sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 tsp Vanilla extract
- 5 Eggs
- 9dl white flour
- Lemon zest from one lemon
- Orange zest from one orange
- 2.5 dl golden raisins soaked/mixed with 4-5tbs rum
- 2.5 dl dark raisins soaked/mixed with 4-5tbs rum
For the topping:
- 1 egg
- Sugar pearls or almonds flakes
- Icing sugar
- Mix the butter, salt & sugar together in a mixer.
- Add vanilla extract and mix.
- Add flour & eggs and mix well.
- Add both lemon & orange zests and mix.
- Add both raisons and mix.
- Add the first dough (with the yeast) and mix together for about 5 min.
- Cover in a warm place and let it raise for about 1.5 – 2 hours.
- Take out the dough carefully and devide to two parts.
- Flatten it softly with your hands and fold i the right part to the middle, fold in the left side to the right an turn it upside down.
- Repeat the flattening & folding one more time and shape the dough into a ball.
- Place the dough into an 18cm Panettone cake mold, cover and let it raise for 45-60 min.
- preheat your oven to 175C
- Just before placing the cakes in the oven, brush them gently with the egg.
- Sprinkle sugar pearls or almond flakes and some icing sugar.
- Cook for about 40-45 min.
- Take out of the oven and let it cool down on a metal wire oven tray.
Happy holidays & happy healthy new year!